Specflue is offering HVP readers the chance to win a free HETAS HTU05 Biomass Installer Course.
Specflue is one of the UK's leading suppliers of flue, chimney and renewable heat solutions and has one of the largest HETAS accredited centres and renewable heat training complexes in the country. The company has teamed up with HVP to give one lucky reader a free HETAS HTU05 Biomass Installer Course valued at £1,250.
Biomass appliances and systems are becoming increasingly complex. In response to installer demand, HETAS has introduced the biomass installer course to enable installers to develop the knowledge and skills required to select, install, commission, service and maintain biomass appliances and to demonstrate the competence required for membership of installer certification schemes.
Delivered by a professional trainer at Specflue’s base in Sudbury, Suffolk, the five-day Biomass course focuses on appliances up to 45kw heat input rating including log, pellet and chip appliances. The course content is typically also relevant to larger appliances up to 100kw heat input rating.
The course covers:
• Building regulations, European and British Standards
• Types of biomass appliances
• Appropriate fuels and correct storage
• Installation, commissioning and servicing
• System design; correct sizing and technical overview
• Links to hot water systems
• Costing analysis
• Marketing materials and grants available for biomass systems.
There are pre–requisites necessary for delegates to get the full benefit out of the course and you will be expected to demonstrate you possess one of the following qualifications:
• N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent
• N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent
• N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or equivalent
• N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent
• N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent.
• In addition, if not included in the above current certification in relation to Water Regulations/Water Byelaws (WRAS or equivalent)
Full details on the range of HETAS, BPEC and other solid fuel and renewable heat training courses available from Specflue can be found by visiting www.specfluetraining.com.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning a HETAS HTU05 Biomass Installer Course, valued at £1,250, print off this entry form, fill in your details and post it back to us for free to this address:
32 Vauxhall Bridge Road
London SW1V 2SS.
Alternatively, you can enter the competition via email by copying and pasting the entry form and emailing your completed answer to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for entries is 2 October, 2015.
Q: Where is Specflue’s HETAS accredited centre based?
[ ] Place a mark in this box if you do not wish to receive further information about new products, offers or promotions from Specflue.
Terms and conditions: • One winner will receive a free HETAS HTU05 Biomass Installer Course • The prize is as stated and no alternative, substitute or upgrade will be given • By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all instructions set out above • The competition is open to registered UK readers of HVP over 18 years of age, except employees of Specflue and the Hemming Group • No purchase necessary • Only one entry per reader • No responsibility is accepted for illegible entries, or for those lost, delayed or damaged in the post • The editor’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into • Prizes subject to availability.
If you'd like to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the heating and plumbing industry, why not subscribe to our weekly newsletters? Just click the button below and you can ensure all the latest industry news and new product information lands in your inbox every week.