Plumber Paul Williamson and Malden Plumbing & Heating face charges of manslaughter and grievous bodily harm after a woman died in her home of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Plumber Paul Williamson and Malden Plumbing

Elouise Littlewood – 26 – died in a flat she co-owned with Notting Hill Housing Trust in Hounslow in February 2008. Her lodger, Simon Kilby, suffered brain damage.

However, the trial may not begin until next year after prosecution lawyers called for an adjournment.

The trial was due to start this month and was scheduled to finish on 26 July but prosecution claimed the case had grown in recent weeks, leading them to require more time to prepare.

Judge Hone warned that the delays meant the case may not now be heard until February next year.