An unregistered plumber from Dawlish has been fined after leaving gas work in a dangerous state.
Torquay Magistrates heard how Stephen Barton undertook the installation of a gas cooker and gas boiler at two separate properties in Dawlish and Exeter, during January and May 2016, despite not being registered.
The work was later inspected by Gas Safe Register and classed as dangerous.
Mr Barton of Park Road, Dawlish pleaded guilty to breaching Regulation 3(3) of the Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations 1998 and breaching Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. He was sentenced to undertake 300 hours of unpaid community work and to pay £3,600 in costs.
HSE inspector Simon Jones said: “Stephen Barton undertook gas work which he knew he was not registered to do.
“All gas work must be done by registered Gas Safe engineers to ensure the highest standards are met to prevent injury and loss of life.”
Further information about gas safety can be found at http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/