UK PLUMBER OF THE YEAR 2019 LAUNCHES WITH FAUX NEWS BROADCAST
UK Plumber of the Year has opened for entries for another year, marking the occasion with a ‘Plumbing News TV’ video report, tracking down and interviewing past winners.
You can watch the faux news broadcast here.
The competition will again see JT, Bristan, and Wolseley come together to recognise the remarkable level of talent from plumbers across the UK and search for the nation’s number one. The competition’s Official Judging Partner, Watersafe, will shortlist 15 plumbers from across the UK from applications submitted by Friday 28 June.
The public will then vote for who they believe deserves to be crowned the winner and the five with the most votes will go through to the grand final, which will be held at Bristan HQ later in the year.
Taunton’s Steve Bartin, UK Plumber of the Year 2018, said: “I definitely recommend the competition for all plumbers across the UK to get involved in. The support for and visibility of my business throughout the competition has been fantastic. I pride myself on the service I deliver, so to receive recognition for that is amazing!”
This year’s prizes include the following:
- JT is offering the winner up to £2000 RRP worth of branded trays
- Bristan will provide £1000 RRP worth of products for the winner to choose as they wish. In addition, the winner will also take home Bristan’s new Rapid 4-in-1 Boiling Water Tap and a choice of one of the brand’s new kitchen sinks
- Wolseley will provide the winner with a £1000 voucher for Nabis bathrooms
- Vendigo Finance will offer an Apple iPad and AirPods for the winner
- Proper Job beer will offer this year’s worthy winner a trip to Cornwall – the home of the award-winning beer. The champion (and a guest) will stay for three nights at the Pier House Hotel in Charlestown, a charming harbour village on the south coast, complete with brewery tour. Four runners up will also get sent a case of Proper Job to toast reaching the final
- £1,000 towards Rothenberger tools that can be spent at Wolseley for the winner
- A day’s session with an established marketing company to help the winner make the most out of the award
- Fortress Distribution will offer a case (10 boxes) of Black Mamba Nitrile Disposable Gloves for the winner in their preferred size
- Three Heavy Duty Tubs of BigWipes for the five finalists and a selection of three buckets of BigWipes for the winner
- Chapter 8 is offering up to 10 Chevron Kits if the winner is part of a team.
To find out more, and to enter this year’s competition, head to www.ukplumberoftheyear.com.