PLUMBER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION DEADLINE EXTENDED
UK Plumber of the Year 2018 has extended its deadline by a week. The competition was due to close on 29 June but, due to high numbers of applicants, the deadline to submit entries is now 6 July.
The competition, sponsored by JT, Bristan, and Wolseley, aims to find the nation’s finest plumber for 2018, with a prize fund of over £10,000 awarded to the winner.
To enter, plumbers need to outline one job they’ve completed that they believe stands out as a hallmark of the quality of their work. Once the final deadline for entries has closed, official judging partner for the competition, WaterSafe, will shortlist three plumbers from each of the six chosen regions (North England, South England, Midlands and West, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland).
The public will then vote for who they believe deserves to be crowned their local winner, with each of the six regional winners then going through to the grand final, which will be held at Bristan HQ later in the year.
For more details, or to enter the competition, head to www.ukplumberoftheyear.com.
This year’s prizes include:
- JT and Bristan products, plus a £1,000 voucher for Nabis at Wolseley UK
- A trip to Cornwall thanks to Proper Job beer. The champion (and a guest) will stay for three nights at the Pier House Hotel in Charlestown, a charming harbour village on the south coast. The winner will also get to visit St Austell Brewery and its interactive brewing experience and visitor attraction. Four runners up will also get sent a case of Proper Job to toast reaching the final
- £1,000 worth of Rothenberger tools that can be spent at Wolseley UK for the winner
- A HomeBoost Salamander pump
- A day’s session with a marketing company to “help the winner make the most out of the award”
- 15 heavy duty tubs of BigWipes for the 15 shortlisted plumbers
- Chapter 8 Shop will provide one Premium Grade Rear Chevron Kit (Half Kit) for the winner’s van. If the winner is part of a team, a fleet of up to 10 can be fitted
- Vehicle Livery Solutions will provide the winner with a vehicle graphic design and fitting from their premises in Hull, East Yorkshire
- Jobman Workwear will provide workwear for the winner and runners up.