HOW TO INSTALL THE GRANT UFLEX MINI
Grant’s new Uflex MINI underfloor heating system features a very low profile, only raising the finished floor level by 15mm, which allows the underfloor heating installation to be completed without requiring significant changes to a room’s structure.
Utilising self-adhesive plastic panels, the Uflex MINI system can be installed by a single operative as the pipework loops simply clip into place, eliminating the need for staples. This system does not require overboarding, so the final floor finish can be laid directly on top of the dry screed.
Uflex MINI is therefore quick to install, enabling the introduction of heat into the system within days rather than weeks, as is commonly the case with screeded systems.
- Start by sealing the floor with a suitable primer and allow it to dry, after which the edge insulation strip can be fitted around the walls.
- Peel the backing off the self-adhesive panels and lay them on the floor
- Each panel should overlap the next and can be cut to fit where required
- Uflex MINI pipe can now be clipped into place
- At this point, the manifold can be installed and pipes connected. The system should then be filled with water and pressure tested
- Lay self-levelling compound over the system and leave to dry for three days
- After this, the controller can be installed and actuators can be fitted onto the manifold
- The heat source, such as an Aerona3 R32 air source heat pump, can then be connected to the system
- Job done! The heat pump and Uflex MINI underfloor heating installation is complete.
For the full step-by-step with high res imagery, view the PDF of the magazine layout here.